Random thoughts of a Brit living in the Imperial Valley of California

Charity Scam

without comments

The other night outside Von’s I was taken in by the feminine wiles of a young lady selling “Toys for Tots”, and ended up buying a puppet theatre kit (look for some vids soon!). Anyway, the item only cost $15 and it’s all for charity, right?

But hang on there! Reading the back of the receipt last night it says that 5% of the retail price goes to charity. The other 95% goes to the corporation selling the item and that “no portion of the 95% is used to benefit any non-profit organization”! So, I spent $16.16 and only 75c is going to charity? What a con!

That chick used me, man.

Written by admin

December 10th, 2008 at 11:51 am

Posted in General

Tagged with ,